Friday, November 7, 2008

My Nephews Make Me Laugh

I have four nephews that are constantly saying the funniest things. As all of you with kids know, kids insights are hilarious and so often catch you off guard. Anyway, I recently took my nephew Klayton to work with me. He was hanging out in the neighboring office and would come in to "check on me" in my office every so often. After a few visits this is the conversation we had. I am not sure what put this in his mind but it really made me laugh as it does everyone I share it with.

Klayton: "Uncle Stephen, do you want to be a dad one day?"
Me: "Yes, I do want to be a dad one day, when I find the right person to marry."
Klayton: "So right now your are just a man living with a dog?"

This is the point I just started laughing. I mean, really, what do you say to that. I am not sure where this train of thought came from but it sure caught me off guard and still makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Perks said...

Very funny!!! Kids are awesome.

Klayton is such a sweetheart. I love having him in class on Wed!