Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Garden Update

Well, we are officially into the growing season and my garden has really taken off. Those of you that know me pretty well know that I tend to get a little overzealous about things and go all out. Well ... I've done it again. I definitely planted too many plants in my garden. It is so grown up that you can't even seen the dirt anymore. 16 tomato plants, 11 squash and 3 cantalope plants take up a lot of room. Here are some pics of my first batch of vegetables. I have over 30 tomatoes on the vine as well as 20 squash. I planted the cantalope late so they are not anywhere near ready to produce. I can't wait to eat my first tomato!!

















4 comments:

da momma said...

WOW!!!! Thats so fun!!! Your garden is so full! Makes me remember the peppers your daddy grew and you crazy boys would eat them and run through the house screaming and downing gallons of milk.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Ok, your garden puts our to SHAME! We started at almost the exact same time and ours looks nothing like yours. HA!

Angie Campbell said...

I am very impressed Stephen! It looks great!

KristyandJaks said...

You know you can always sell your leftovers to my cafe if you are too zealous :)