Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chris' Wedding

My best friend Chris got married on October 3 in Jackson, MS so I made a trek out there with my great group of friends to celebrate with Chris and Candy as they started their life together. It was one of the funnest weekends I have ever had. It was great to have the group back together again. Since Chris moved to Jackson over three years ago we have not had too many opportunities to all hang out together. Brianne, Josh, Sheridan, Bryan, Lisa, David, Sara, Max, V and several others all made the trip and us guys got to serve as groomsmen for Chris. We had a blast. We arrived on Thursday so that we could get a round of golf in on Friday morning before the rehearsal and dinner. We split in to three teams of two (Chris/Josh, David/Clint, Me/Bryan) and played 9 holes of scramble golf and 9 holes of alternating shot. It was close for a while but Bryan and I ended up pulling away towards the end leaving a good battle for second place. :) Anyway, after golf we had a great evening of dinner and toasts for Chris and Candy before all congregating back at the hotel to hang out with Chris for a while.

Saturday was great day and they had a beautiful wedding and reception. The reception was at Candy's parents house. They blocked off their street and set up tents in the cul-de-sac and provided great food, drinks a band and dance floor. We had a great time laughing, dancing and just hanging out together. Enjoy the pics!

Aggies were in abundance at the wedding.

Josh and Sheridan dancing.

Max and I were banished to the tree - timeout I guess - at one point.

Me and Brianne at the reception.

Saying goodbye to Chris and Candy as they drove off.

Chris and Candy trying to get to the car. They had rose petals for us to throw at them.

Waiting for Chris and Candy to come out of the house. The lady on my left was the "WC" Wedding Coordinator. We had a special bond over the weekend.

David shared the special bond with the WC as well. She was really in to us.


The girls at the reception. Brianne, Sheridan, Lisa and Sara.

Max and I in the golf cart that we wanted to hi-jack.

V telling us that we could not steal the golf cart and go riding around.
Chris was loading the golf cart to go someone and he didn't tell us where he was going so ...

we jumped in the other cart and had the driver chase him down.

I'm not sure what David is demonstrating here but it is one of my favorite pics from the weekend.

We didn't get to spend very much time with Chris at the reception so when we did see him we (Josh, Max, me) figured we better dance with him.

Hanging at our table during the reception.

More of the table full of rowdy Texans.


Chris and Candy cutting the cake.

Chris and Candy's first dance. I think the song was "Rain or Shine".

Bryan, Lisa, David and Sara at the reception.

Me and Josh.

Me and Chris at the rehearsal.

Bryan, Lisa and Macie at the reception.

4 comments:

Perks said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to see some pictures! You were the first to post some. Good job! :)

da momma said...

Ahhh I have wondered about that boy! So happy for him! Great pics! AND Your lady is so pretty!! Yall are adorable! whit

Lisa Hanna said...

How much fun was that?! I'm so glad we were all together to celebrate Chris' special day. God has truly blessed us with awesome friendships..

Unknown said...

Great pics! I really hope that pic of Dave and V is him dancing.... I never knew he could do the "Elaine". :)