Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surgery Day - Finally

So I have have had a torn labram in my right shoulder since November and have been awaiting J.P. to begin acceptimg my insurance so that he can do the surgery. Well, today was the day. They put me under around 2 and I emerged from unconciousness around 4:30. Everthing went well and now I have a long road of rehab ahead. Doc Bramhall said it would be one month in a sling and six months before I liked him again. I plan to dominate rehab and push this timetable as much as possible. Here are some pics from the day.


Pre-op.




















Dad was so worried he could hardly get a nap as we waited for the doctor.


















Doc came by prior to the procedure. They were putting an anesthesia block in my neck at the time so remember very little about his visit.
















This is a pic of the anesthesiologist putting the block on my right arm. The poked a needle in through my neck and rooted around in there until they hit the nerve at just the correct angle. It was pretty cool because my upper right torso would spasm uncontrollably until they found just the right spot.













Post-op in the recovery room.















5 comments:

Perks said...

I know a great PT. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything.
dmp

SheridanLeftwich said...

Wow! They medical stuff is amazing to me. We're glad your doing well. Didn't know the surgery was yesterday. Well go ahead and dominate rehab so you can feel great and we can get together and hang out. Hope we see you soon.

Corrie said...

What's a labram and how did you tear it?

Lisa said...

Hey stranger! Just found your site through Sheridan's - it's been fun catching up. So glad you had a successful surgery - keep us posted.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Get better soon and I love JP... as you know he is a good Dr. he took care of me when I broke my collarbone and he did my brother-n-law and sister-n-law's knee surgery... love that man.