Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alice in Training

Alice began her training for our next backpacking trip a few weeks ago. Here are some pics of her wearing her saddlebags. I figured if I am going to be hauling gear up the mountain then she can help and carry some stuff as well. I am currently training her with empty bags until she gets used to wearing them. I will slowly add weight as the training progressess. We have gone on several runs and walks with them and she is doing great. I am supposed to train her to like them by having her wear them while doing things she enjoys. So walks, fetch and runs seem to be doing the job. Now everytime I get her "pack" out and show it to her she gets excited and is ready to get moving.




1 comment:

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

What are you doing to that poor dog.....you do know that she`s not a mule....right Stephen (question mark) I`m typing on this crazy French keyboard in the airport ....so I can`t find any of the appropriate puncuation° So you are looking at my alternative marks.