Sunday, June 28, 2009

Skydive



Saturday morning Brianne and I met Jon and Amy Buchanan at Skydive Aggieland so Jon and I could take a dive out of an airplane. It was a great time! We jumped from about 10,000 feet with a 47-second free-fall and about 3-4 minutes "under canopy" as we floated over B/CS. It was an amazing experience! We did flips and going out of the plane and spins during the free-fall. We surprisingly weren't nervouse at all. It was really easy to just relax and enjoy the experience. It may have helped me that I had a superhero jumping with me. As you will see from the video, I had Spiderman in the plane with me and he jumped just before I did. Notice his jump method, he hung upside down by his toes on the wing before dropping into the open sky.
Jon coming in for his landing.


Me coming down for landing.




Jon and I with the videographer (left) and Rich (right) our instructor.



















8 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

My stomach dropped just watching that. I still can't see why anyone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! Glad you had fun. and it was good seeing you this past week.

Lisa Hanna said...

Wow!! Yeah, I could never do that. Glad you got to--I know you've been wanting to. Awesome!

da momma said...

OMG, brave men! or crazy lil boys?!? Has your momma seen this?

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Fun! I had recently given some thought to sky diving myself...now I'll have to do after I see all the fun you and Jon had!

Kelly said...

What a rush! I can't wait to hear all the details. Loved watching the video and I'm eager to watch it again with you!

Melissa Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Jackson said...

I am so jealous! This is one of the things that was on my "before I graduate from college" to do list that I never did. It didn't quite fit into my college budget, but I still really want to go! Maybe I'll finally get around to it sometime this summer. I think I'll be at least a little nervous, though. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

~Melissa Reeves

The Celiac Diva said...

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!