Friday, July 11, 2008

Mountain Campout

My brother and I took the two-mile trail up to Frist Meadows on Elk Creek on Thursday. We camped on the banks of the river, caught and ate trout for dinner spent the night at about 9,500 feet. It was a great trip that we are planning to take again but we will definitely stay for a longer time next time we come.

A view of camp on the banks of Elk Creek at First Meadows.


On the trail.
Me and David on the trail with the meadow behind us.
This was our first-ever view of First Meadow. When we saw it we were so excited. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Crossing the river to get to the campsite.












Preparing potatoes for dinner.
Checking the fish. We had brooke and rainbow trout.
My brother his plate of potatoes and fish.
A view of the meadow from camp. We were at the east end of the meadow.
Me and my brother at the trailhead at the end of the trip.

1 comment:

Angie Campbell said...

Hey Stephen. It was good to see you on Sunday. I love these pictures. I added your blog to my friends list. I saw it on Sheridan's.

Angie McDaniel Campbell